Tuesday, March 29, 2011

4 months!

K is now 4 months old. I still can't believe that my little baby girl is now 4 months old. I remember sitting on that operating table on the morning of the 29th and I was just so nervous. When they finally pulled her out and I got to see her I couldn't believe how tiny she was. 6 pounds 14 ounces, and long. She had these long skinny legs and long fingers. She was just so beautiful and I couldn't believe that she was mine:)
Here she is at 1 day old.
The first night in the hospital she was up all night and it was very hard, the nurse ended up taking her around 5:30 till about 7:00 when she wanted to eat again. R stayed the second night and of course she slept during the night and was great. I really am glad that R was there though, he changed all the diapers and stayed with me and helped me with anything I needed.  When we took her home it was great, no more hospital food and no more hospital beds or other people in the same room. I can bond with my baby in peace. It was great.
1 month old
Right around a month old she ended up back in the hospital because she had a stomach bug, she was puking so much and she wasn't too terribly interested in feeding. We stayed the night and it was a very very long night. I don't think I fell asleep until 2 and then I was woken up so many times from the stupid monitors being all glitchy, but K slept from about 1:30 till about 7. She was probably exhausted from being poked and prodded with all the needles :(  When she was about a month and a half she rolled over from front to back, so that made me happy :)

2 months old
At 2 months old she is still sleeping in our bed. She hated the bassinet and the crib, so in order for me to get any sleep at all she slept in our bed. At time she would sleep for at least 6 hours at a time, it was great and kind of amazing for her being so young :) She has really started to smile around this time and seeing her smile can make even the grumpiest person smile :)

3 months old
K got baptized on the 27th of February, so 2 days before she was 3 months old. She was so precious during the ceremony and slept through the whole thing. Everyone was so sure that she would cry but I knew that even if she had been awake she would have been just fine. She loves the water. She is starting to grasp things and reach out for toys :) We also think she has started to teeth :( She has been drooling a lot and anything that goes in her mouth gets chomped down on. lol

4 months old
She is starting to get into a really really fun stage :)  K now weighs 15 pounds 8.5 ounces and is 24 and 3/4 inches long. She has started to giggle, even though it's a hard task just to hear that 2 seconds of giggle. It totally is worth it. She wakes up and if she sees someone like R or I or even J her face will light up and she will give you the biggest smile! I love it. Her right eye is still clogged. I have tried massaging the duct and I wipe it out with a warm cloth but nothing seems to be helping. The nurse did say it could take a couple months for it to go away. Hopefully by summer it will be all cleared up. She is no where close to sitting up on her own and all though she has great head control she can only do it for a little bit at a time and she is still pretty wobbly. 

R is a great dad, he helps out and the majority of the time he actually gets her to sleep. He changes diapers and will take her if I need a break. J is absolutely in love with her, he always wants to give her hugs and kisses and be around her and give her love. S could go either way, he loves her I know that, but he isn't all over her like J is and the only time he really wants to give her hugs and kisses is when J does. 

Well I still can't believe that she is 4 months old. I am excited to see what the coming months bring :) 

Gotta run.




No comments:

Post a Comment