Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cloth Diaper Review

When I was pregnant with K R and I talked about cloth diapering her to save money. So I did A LOT of research. I think I went to every website I could click my mouse on, but I just couldn't make up my mind on what kind or style or type that I wanted. I needed to actually physically see one and hold one in my hand to see the size and how they looked, the ones that I was looking at actually getting online where the flip diapers and the bumGenius diapers but I was hesitant because like I said I needed to actually have them in my hands before I could make a decision.

So I looked around for any stores that carry Cloth diapers and there is literally 1 store that carries cloth diapers or at least only one that I could find. They actually carry the two kinds that I was looking into so I was very happy about that. The ladies that worked there answered all my questions and gave me more information then I knew what to do with. I don't think I could have made my decision if those ladies didn't know there stuff :) So R and I decided to go with One Size Flip diapers as our main diaper and the bumGenius one size 4.0 as our night time diaper.

We had to wait 3 weeks after K was born before we could fit her into any of the cloth diapers we got and I was kind of disappointed but it did say starting at around 8 pounds, and she was born 6 pounds 14 ounces and with skinny skinny legs, but once they fit there was no turning back :)

She is now 3.5 months old and the Flip and bumGenius 4.0 where the best choice we could have made. K has some major poops and if she were in a disposable I can garuntee she would have had many many blow outs, but the cloth diapers hold everything in with room for more. I love that we don't have to change her outfits or get rid of any because they are stained with baby poop:) We have both the organic inserts and the microfiber inserts witht he stay dry suede top that wicks away the moisture from the babies bum:) I really love the feel of the Organic inserts but they are a little bulkier then I would like so I just use them at night as they do absorb a lot more. We were going to use the bumGenius 4.0 diapers as our night time diapers but now they are mostly used for outings as they are as easy as a disposable, which makes changing quick and simple which is a big plus when you don't want to spend too much time changing a diaper when you are out.

To make my review even better I took pictures today to show how well we love our cloth diapers :)

First we have the One Size Flip diapers in butternut just before a diaper change:) I love this color on her. Not only is it not to girly but well she kind of just looks good in yellow:) After 2 or 3 wears with the cover they do kind of get stretched out, but washing them and line drying them take them back to their original form.
Next we have our lovely One Size bumGenius 4.0 in Bubble. I love the light colors on her, not to bright but just girly enough. These ones tend to fit a little smaller then the flip, I feel like sometimes I am adjusting the snaps on the bG before I am with the flips. I love them still though.
These are the other 2 colors of BG 4.0 that we have. We have 4 all together 1 Blossom, 1 Bubble and 2 Noodle.
This is a picture of one stuffed and folded up the way I put them away and one with just the insert on top.
These are all the colors I have for the One Size Flip diapers. 6 Zinnia, 2 Butternut and 2 Ribbit.

On the left is an organic insert, we have 6 of those and on the right is a stay dry insert, we have 24 of those.



All stuffed and ready to go, easy peasy :)



All folded nicely and ready to be put away:)
Oh and just for fun this is how I dry my covers, it doesn't take long to dry and it works well in the winter :) Hopefully when we move to our own place we will have a proper clothes line, either in doors or out :)

Well there you have it, my lovely review of the two diapers we choose. Hope you liked it and it helped you to choose which diapers you want to go with :)

Gotta Run.

No comments:

Post a Comment